Information we collect and how we use it
- Information you provide prior to signup—When you fill out a form on the Covenant Eyes website, you are considered to have opted in to receiving e-mail communications from Covenant Eyes. You may modify your e-mail subscription preferences or unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in your e-mail.
- Information you provide upon signup—When you sign up for or modify a Covenant Eyes account, you provide us with personal information about yourself and the people that you list on your account. This information includes names, contact information, usernames, and passwords created for Covenant Eyes, settings for our services, and billing information. We use this information to maintain your account and deliver services to people listed on the account.
- Information passively gathered while visiting our websites—When you visit Covenant Eyes websites, we may send cookies to your device and we may record server logs of your web requests on our websites. We use this information to deliver the functionality of the website and to learn how people use our websites so that we can improve them. These cookies may also be used to show you advertisements for Covenant Eyes on other websites using Google AdWords or other ad vendors. You may update your advertising preferences at any time using Google Ad Preferences.
- Information passively provided by other vendors—We may use other vendors, including Google AdWords, which collect information about your use of other websites and allow us to better target advertisements to you based on your needs and interests. We only see this information in aggregate, and never directly connect it to an individual’s browsing. You may update your advertising preferences at any time using Google Ad Preferences.
- One-on-one communications—We may keep records of our communications with you that involve customer support and sales. We use this information to follow up on issues with customers, determine the frequency and severity of technical issues, improve our sales, and for training employees. Unless you specifically request to be added to a mailing list, you will not be added to any marketing communications as a result of these personal requests.
- Internet activity—One of our core services is our accountability service, which requires that we log our Accountability Users’ Internet activity. For subscribers to that service (who have also agreed to our User Agreement), we gather activity per user, rate that activity, and use it to generate Reports that are then delivered to people that each Accountability User has identified.
In addition, we may internally use the information we collect to maintain and improve our products and services and to develop new products and services.
When do we share information?
We share information with others only when we must in order to deliver our services to you or when legally compelled to do so. These are the scenarios in which we share private information.
- Covenant Eyes Accountability Users specify other people who will serve as their Accountability Partners. Each Partner is thus granted permission to receive Reports of a user’s Internet activity. We provide these Reports via e-mail and each partner can access Reports through our secure website.
- Filter Guardians may view portions of a user’s Internet activity in the fulfillment of their role as Filter Guardian.
- We may share information with strategic partners that work with Covenant Eyes only to improve your experience with our products, services, and advertising. This information may include limited contact information only for the sake of personal inquiries, but will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We will disclose information when required to by the order of a court with proper authority.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time, but we will not change it in a way that restricts your rights without first making good efforts to inform you of the changes.
Last updated October 23, 2014