In addition to the specific skills required for each position, we look for candidates who meet our core personal characteristics.
Jump to position:
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager at Covenant Eyes is devoted to ensuring employment relationships with Covenant Eyes are in sync with corporate values and company policies. Efforts are focused on Total Rewards, Workforce Planning & Employment Practices, Risk Management, Employee Development, Employee Relations, and HR Strategic Management.
This full time, on-site position has direct management responsibility for the HR department.
- Proven leadership ability in Human Resource Management, preferably in a technical, service oriented environment
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with up to date office technologies and communication tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong mediation and conflict resolutions skills
- Experience managing departmental budgets
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Knowledge of employment law and employment best practices
- Experience maintaining employee and business confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field or the equivalent in professional experience
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet accountability and Internet content filtering software. We develop code for many platforms – Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry (just to name a few). This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Extensive experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle; from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
Customer Service Representative
As more and more people sign up for Covenant Eyes, we have a growing need for exceptional customer service professionals to work in our call center.
- Technical ability to effectively support customers with computer and Internet troubleshooting
- Knowledge/experience of Covenant Eyes program and software implementation desirable
- Experience or the ability to sell and promote products effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, primarily Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Typing speed of 40 wpm
- Experience and proficiency in communicating through e-mail in a business environment
- Experience working with customers in a professional setting
- Experience working successfully in a team environment
- Ability to lead and encourage team productivity