In addition to the specific skills required for each position, we look for candidates who meet our core personal characteristics.
Jump to position:
- Product Development Manager
- Software Engineer
- UX Practitioner
- Web Developer
- Customer Service Representative
Product Development Manager
The Product Development Manager leads the team of software and quality assurance professionals in building world class software and services that deliver value to our customers. The manager works closely with the VP of Technology and Product Owners to maintain a positive, productive, and professional work environment. We are seeking a manager for our technical department with the following qualifications:
- An experienced manager who has effectively led and motivated teams of technical professionals
- Has a passion for delivering value to customers through high quality software and services
- Excellent troubleshooting and communications skills
- Understands the intricacies of software development
- Committed to improving the way we use the agile software development process
- Promotes, models, and encourages teamwork
- Understands the dangers of the Internet and is committed to protecting our members and their families
- Bachelor’s in Business/Technical field and 5 years related work experience, or the equivalent without degree (9+ years’ experience)
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet accountability and Internet content filtering software. We develop code for many platforms – Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry (just to name a few). This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
Telecommuting may be an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of product development experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Superior programming, analytical, and problem solving skills in creating object-oriented, event-driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Extensive experience with one of the following languages/frameworks: C/C++, Java, Python/Django
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Commercial software development experience
- Mac OS development knowledge
- Test Driven Development
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Independent: Able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees project throughout their life cycle; from development to deployment.
- Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism from peers/leaders
- Accountable: A results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
User Experience Practitioner
User Experience Practitioners at Covenant Eyes improve our products and services by gathering feedback and insight through design research, often with users, and doing various types of design work, from abstract information architecture to more visible graphic design. This work not only improves our existing features, but also helps describe new features that will have great benefit for our customers. UX Practitioners work together with people from other departments, like Product Development or Marketing, to see design work carried through delivery to our customers.
The User Experience department strives to improve the products, services, and overall business of Covenant Eyes, Inc. by utilizing user research, analysis, and design techniques.
All applications for this position must include a cover letter and a portfolio that illustrates an understanding of the design process.
- User experience professional; performs a variety of UX work such as information architecture, information design, interaction design, design research, usability, visual design
- Works well in an Agile setting
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and standards which inform User Experience work
- Creates beautiful interactions and interfaces and systems
- Empathizes with others easily; is able to set aside personal preconceptions in order to understand someone else’s; tenacious when needed to fight for excellence in projects
- Ability to give constructive, critical feedback
As we continue to enhance our products, increase the capabilities of our software, and build the Covenant Eyes web presence, we need web developers to help design, create, and maintain responsive website and e-commerce applications.
Web developers must follow good web design principles and web development practices. They must also actively participate in design discussions and promote quality design before writing code.
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle; from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
Customer Services Representative
As more and more people sign up for Covenant Eyes, we have a growing need for exceptional customer service professionals to work in our call center.
Skills and Abilities:
- Technical ability to effectively support customers with computer and Internet troubleshooting
- Knowledge/experience of Covenant Eyes program and software implementation desirable
- Experience or the ability to sell and promote products effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, primarily Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Typing speed of 40 wpm
- Experience and proficiency in communicating through e-mail in a business environment
- Experience working with customers in a professional setting
- Experience working successfully in a team environment
- Ability to lead and encourage team productivity