In this video, we are going to walk you through setting up parental controls on Netflix.
- Go to Netflix.com and log in using the admin username and password. The settings can only be changed by the administrator on the account, which is the person set up to pay for the account.
- Once you are in the account profile, click on the drop down arrow in the upper right hand corner of the Netflix screen, and select “Your Account.”
- This will take you to a page that details your account information. Under the “Settings” header, click on “Parental Controls” where you will be prompted to enter your Netflix password to continue.
- Next, in the field titled “PIN,” enter a four-digit numeric PIN and select a specific show rating that requires the PIN. Be sure to click save. Remember, anyone who knows the pin will be able to watch whatever they want, so make sure to keep the PIN private!
- Once you have parental controls set, you can limit an individual profile to only children’s shows. This is only password-protected if parental controls are turned on.
The administrator can change the settings for all of the profiles on the account and will receive an email from Netflix every time restrictions are edited.
Script author: Samantha Winchester
Video talent: Chris McKenna
Thanks for doing this article, it is encouraging to see Christians who are not ignorant of the times, and to extend your knowledge for the edification of the saints is edifying in of itself.
Personally I wouldn’t recommend children watch these modern cortoons are cartoon movies, kids don’t constantly need to be amused.
The word amuse means, “not to think or not to think” they have whole parks where you can go and pay to not think, they’re called, “amusement parks”
Muse means, “To think, consider, ponder”
Kids need to be taught how to muse, not how to be amused, but I’ll leave the parenting to the parents, just remember that you’re accountable to God.
Thanks again, I have a few little brothers and sisters who can benefit from this.
I do wish that Covenant Eyes would be able to restrict t.v. such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and Fire Stick. Is that some thing that is coming in the future?
Great question. Although we do not cover television at this time, our Screen Accountability will monitor Netflix and Prime if you are accessing them through your browser on other devices, such as laptops and smartphones.
I hope this helps!
If you use Netflix on an app and you have a filter and are using covenant eyes accountability reporting, is there any way to monitor content watched on the app?
It depends on the device you are using, but Screen Accountability will capture screenshots of the content watched on Netflix. If you are still using Internet Accountability, I would recommend you switch to Screen Accountability!
If you have any other questions, please contact our amazing Customer Service team!
Toll-free in the US: 877.479.1119
Outside the U.S.: 989.720.8000